Join Our Team
Hilltown Mobile Market Pilot Project 2019
Mobile Market Coordinator
Posted May 9, 2019. Applications accepted until position is filled.
The Hilltown CDC, in partnership with Healthy Hampshire, has a grant for a pilot mobile market for the summer of 2019 to connect local farm produce to food insecure Hilltown residents in areas not served by a farmer’s market. A weekly “pop-up” market will deliver vegetable shares and produce to two locations for ten weeks during the summer starting in July and running through mid-September.
· Communicate/coordinate weekly with participating farmers around produce availability
· Order and pick up share produce and supplemental a la carte items and bring to distribution site
· Promote the market weekly with reminders to customers/shareholders about times/locations
· Set up two distribution sites a week (Huntington and Worthington) including tent, table, signage and displays
· Mark off shares as they are picked up
· Sell and process payment for a la carte items to general public
· Drop off any leftover produce to food pantry
· Plan and implement an educational component to include seasonal recipes, nutrition education, food samples, activities and materials to get to know the farmer and the products to promote a lively and interactive atmosphere at the market
· Collected data on market attendance and movement of produce; track invoices and monitor spending of grant funds over the duration of the program.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Excellent customer service skills; committed to serving all people regardless of race, income, ability, gender, sexual orientation, religion, etc.
· Professionalism when working with local farmers and vendors for weekly orders and pickups
· Experience working in a retail produce or farmers’ market setting
· Familiarity with basic organizational software such as Microsoft Office (Word and Excel)
· Familiarity with social media platforms and local advertising opportunities for market promotion
· Expressed enthusiasm for promoting and increasing the consumption of healthy, local foods
· Familiarity with the Hilltowns preferred
Supervised By: Kate Bavelock, Director of Community Programs
Qualifications: Driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle with enough cargo space for market and CSA produce. Must be able to lift boxes of produce up to 50 lbs and be able to lift and set up pop-up tent and folding table.
Days/Hours: Thursdays and Fridays on site – about six hours per market day, plus 3 – 4 remote hours advance planning, outreach and phone calls for a total of 15 hours a week.
Position Dates: Week of June 24th – Sept 9th for a total of 12 weeks.
Compensation: From $15 to $19 an hour plus mileage. This is a temporary part-time grant funded position
EOE/AA/Section 3: Applicants with handicaps and needing assistance will be accommodated. Among equally qualified candidates, low to moderate-income residents of the local region will be given preference.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Kate Bavelock, firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about the project or position, please feel free to contact us or call 413-296-4536 x116